Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hair Yo-Yos "How-To"

I saw these on a friend's website recently and I saw them again attached to a pin for the 4th of July. I started thinking about how fun it would be to have them as hair accessories.

Maddyn and Abby are always up for fun experiemental crafts, so we decided to try them last night when Abby was over....

Step One:
Find any scraps of fabric you have lying around....Cut a circle out of fun fabric. I used the top of a plastic cup for the size yo-yo I wanted.

Step Two:

Tie a knot in your thread. Stitch a running stitch about 1/4 inch from the edge and all the way around.

Step Three:

Pull the thread and gather into a yo-yo. For a typical yo-yo, you would want the inside of your circle to be neater than this, but for this it is ok. Tie a knot to keep the shape.

Step Four:

Embellish your yo-yo. I stitched a button in the center.

Step Five:

Stitch a pin to the back.Step Six:

Attach to headband -OR- glue to a bobby pin for a fun hair accessory!

Aren't they fun? The girls want to make more....another day for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment